Monday, February 4, 2013

Living in the Land of the Lost

My hubby made a suggestion that on Sunday we head out to the La Brea Tarpits in L.A since I had the day off and neither one of us is a huge fan of football. So we packed up our kids and headed out to L.A. The Tar Pits are cool for the most part. My Hubs isnt a big reader so he hates when we go to museums and stuff and I take the time to read all the little plaques and things that explain what it is you are looking at. This however was the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. I never would of thought these animals were so damned big. Here is a complete skeleton of a Colombian Mammoth. The damned thing was HUGE. Looking at the boy in the green shirt off to the side can give you an idea.. being as he is my son and the kid is 6'2" tall. Anyway the pic was taken with the same cellphone as the others and no addons or enhancements were harmed in the making of this photo. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment